First Donaghadee is a congregation proud of its history stretching back to 1642. With close links by sea to Scotland, it was one of the first Presbyterian Churches to be established in Ireland.
The present Church building is its third home. The first was a ‘sod house’ in the townland of Killaughey and the second a thatched meeting-house in Meetinghouse Street where the congregation worshipped for 125 years.
Our present Church building in the centre of the town was built in 1824.