In this moment
A prayer for restoration of our shattered lives
Helper of the helpless,
so much of our lives lie shattered and tattered;
our minds wander through the wreckage of the last few brutal months,
our hearts are heavy through the havoc wrought by suffering,
the deficit of distance is felt in even our closest relationships,
just making ends meet seems to matter more than it has for a long time,
our souls are shredded by the strain and stress of uncertainty.
O, restore us, we plead.
Restore our souls,
LORD our Shepherd.
Restore us, LORD God Almighty,
make your face shine on us,
that we may be saved.
Restore our fortunes, LORD,
like streams in the Negev.
Restore our withered hands,
by today’s touch of the Master,
on the broken body of the church he loves.
Restore to us the joy of your salvation,
and grant a willing spirit to sustain us.
Let us rejoice like Jacob,
and be glad like Israel,
when you restore us as your people.
God of all grace,
who called us to your eternal glory in Christ,
after we have suffered this little while,
restore us and make us strong, firm and steadfast.
For Jesus’ sake.
Sunday 28 June
Hearing God’s voice
- Pray that as listeners engage with digital ministry God’s voice would be heard speaking into their situation, bringing comfort and challenge, encouraging and equipping them to follow Jesus.
- Pray that as those who don’t have a regular church connection tune in to digital ministry and eavesdrop on church, they would become more curious about God and captivated by his good news.
Monday 29 June
- Pray for the homeless who have no fixed abode to which to retreat for shelter and safety from coronavirus, asking that God would watch over their lives and help them find help and support.
- Pray for those who work with the homeless in these days, asking that God would bless and use their work in providing the basic necessities of shelter, food and love in caring community.
Tuesday 30 June
Local and global mission
- Pray for every day opportunities to share how Christian faith makes a difference, the hope found in Christ and the love of God, asking for increasing openness to the good news in many lives.
- Pray for Tearfund and Christian Aid as they seek to support communities most impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, asking that God would use their ministry to bring relief to those who need it most.
Wednesday 1 July
- Pray that we would know God’s refreshment in what will be an unusual summer as interruption to holidays, spending time with others and many of the normal ways in which we find renewal remain.
- Pray for congregational life this summer, asking that we might know God’s renewal after the stresses of the upheavals of the last few months and the efforts required to adjust to new ways of ministry.
Thursday 2 July
Media and online communication
- Pray for the media as they communicate the unfolding story of these days and comment on events, asking that God would use this vital ingredient of encouraging rebuilding of normal life and society.
- Pray for ongoing positive use of online and social media to maintain relationships and to encourage one another, asking that God would help us to grow in harnessing available technology for good.
Friday 3 July
Children and young people
- Pray for children who have known enormous disruption to family, school and social life, asking that God would restore peace of heart and mind in the gradual restoration of normal routines.
- Pray for young people who have been unnaturally isolated from friends through lockdown and whose education has been interrupted, asking that God would give resilience and strength.
Saturday 4 July
- Pray that God would bless efforts to restore economic well-being and that as we emerge from the effects of lockdown we may do so with greater resolve to create a fairer distribution of wealth.
- Pray for those most impacted by economic downturn in terms of experiencing daily poverty and diminished prospects, asking that God would protect, provide and open up prospects for the future.